Monday, August 10, 2009

Fuck

Fuck it. I am drowning. I am pissed. I am exhausted. I do not need to be patronized with advice like "Try counting down and then administering consequences to everyone who's still talking," or my personal if-I-hear-that-one-more-time-there-will-be-entrails-on-the-ceiling line, "Just nip it in the bud and you won't have a problem."

FUCK YOU.

And I mean that in the broadest possible sense, whoever you may be, you that are telling me shit like that. I've internalized those ideas. I paid attention, and I applied them. Or you; I do not freak out and let things develop.

I do, however, have 38 minute classes. These develop into 35 or shorter, rapidly. And administering consequenes is practically inconceivable with a timeline like that. If, in the amount of time it takes the class to file in, one kid has removed the spigot from the sink, rotated it, and begun flushing water all over my papers, .... oh fuck it.

I have no time. I will not teach tomorrow. I literally need military-caliber discipline. I cannot deal with anything less. There is NO TIME FOR ANYTHING LESS. We will march. We will enter. And I need the most ridiculous management/tracking system conceivable.

No comments:

Post a Comment