Saturday, April 30, 2011

disney revolutions

started writing it at home last week, using necrophilia and a night at a hookah bar. did it round 2 last night, and got a 26.1 with a 1 point time penalty.

I get to thinking on things when I'm cruising on my bike
potentially thinking exponentially cuz I am riding like a kite
do you ever wonder why the movies
we show our kids fresh off their Similac
have so many men who just so happen
to be calmly yet passionately necrophiliac?
You'll never guess what happened today, dear diary
I'm out kissing dead girls, one sits up and smiles at me!
She's all “hey there handsome, my name's Snow White
- and I say we get married, it just feels so right
me? my luck is tight, and so is my man Charming's
last we week he went and tied the ball and chain
with that smoking undead Sleeping beauty dame
of course, my corpse-humping self said yes
it's a shame White has breath in her breasts
but I just jumped from perverted peasant to kinky king
forget the royal ring, those chilly catacombs
got so many places for my ding-a-ling!
What? Disney, come on, think about what you're portraying
there are so many things you could but you're just not saying
I'm cruising kite on my bike and maybe I'm thinking exponentially
but I'm thinking about things that are strange or changed, like
stockades - I did not know why they were a big deal
in Beauty and the Beast, Belle's father gets wheeled in
locked head and hand in the stocks right in the town square
people all around throw lettuce and tomatoes I'm thinking that's not fair
this is me in 2nd grade, so fat 4th graders hit me with my own tits
fruit and vegetables do not seem that bad by comparison
until I read about the real problem – people are rotten
if you do not have friends to watch your bottom all night
then you might end up the town bicycle
the image of Belle's father, moustache whiskers quivering
while Gaston and his merry men all ride him like a river
I can see why Disney shied away from historical accuracy
but if we're gonna get outside the box factually
then let's rock some serious revisions
get a little more optimistic with our Jiminy Cricket dreams
you notice a few things not right when you're riding your bike
whether or not your thinking is shot cause you're cruising kite
when you get low enough to see what the sidewalk cracks show
you can look inside and find the saddest crimes of our times
where the people that mind don't matter, those that matter don't mind
and everyone watching Disney sees fit to ignore it just fine
I'm ready for Pocahontas, part three – the end of the trilogy
where dreams might finally come true, where me and you are sick
of seeing the sap at the bus stop with shoulders slumped since
the shadow of the shelter is not high enough for him to stand tall
not when the sun beats 110 degrees, please, that's a well-paid week
not when this is the probable peak of his broken-hearted journey
we know exactly where it started, where it starts, and starts, and starts
I find it less obscene that Smith was thirty and Pocahontas thirteen
than I do the glossy sheen we drew over their honeymoon
where the Navi swung like elegant, blue, strange fruit
Jake Sully may have killed the colonel but a country of colonists
kicked ass, erased names and left remains rotting in piles
while the credits roll up and we roll out to skip on the bill
of the scalps we swung from Florida to Oklahoma and all points west
their tears run a river to waterfall on deaf ears, because the best
freedom we bequeath them is the choice of huffing or meth
we have a special place reserved, just for them, and when
they try to leave we know just where to lay out the
welcome to the table, dinner is at the seventh street soup kitchen
with cheerfully blunt concrete walls which callously call out
“Bienvenidos a Phoenix!” if you slow down to read them
history is not in books not when we took it and cooked it up all shitty
so colonists with cars could skip nimbly over the static in a city
riding a bike at night shows you the grit in the cracks we swept them into
if we're going to use history to come up with Disney movies
let's make a tape where dreams really do come true

No comments:

Post a Comment