Saturday, April 30, 2011

graffiti gandalf and god

29.1, round three, for the win.

I love this and I killed with it. That's it.

I. love. graffiti. whether it's on walls or towers,
trucks buildings bus stops it's got this power

of someone who can't take it who makes their mark
in deviant art with primal and pain and heart

certain slices of society split hairs and call fair foul
since it's not theirs and they don't know enough to care

but I see it – history is a weapon so read it, arm yourself
push your mind past the definitions divined by wealth

when somehow a woman or man with spray can
is given the handle vandal, but the banner spangled
protects ads and jangles of
“you're ugly, you're fat – that is why you should buy, buy, buy”and there's no scandal

how sad we call it free speech

look underneath what happens when someone starts clapping or tapping chisel into stone or slapping paint onto canvas – the act of creation spans this and pulls us together

so I put words down and aim them at forever

as a kid, you see I found this light inside of me, and decided to scratch at it assiduously

I found it out it was the bright shine of creativity shimmering in harmonious symmetry that I see when I pursue the activities I pursue in eccentricity, scribbling the songs thoughts sing to me so I can link to the connectivity running indivisibly like white-hot electricity through all of you, and me

this light shone bright through my chest, in cold defiance of the unknown of death – like a bellyful of beautiful

this light was all mine to have, and I could shine and plant diamonds deep in the grit and the grime that compose what we suppose is reality

I don't know what the meaning of life is, or what happens in the chapter after

but all you can do is choose what to do with the time given you, and I feel a duty to spread the beautiful, to grace to this life with time spent thinking of ways to say thank you
- so let's let our lights out to plant diamonds and pearls in the world

physics insists that we are twisted quantum strings forming things that think they're things, bringing us things to think life has no meaning – so?
all you can do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you – so no matter what else is true about you, don't you want to be glad you knew you?

don't you still want to make it more beautiful?

I say, whatever comes next, why bother caring about red herrings and our fathers to stay blessed

because surely you can agree with the idea that beauty si quite simply good, and even when misunderstood is an aim to be pursed at all times as the quest for sublime

that light that shines inside you and I is beautiful

we've got a duty to spread it, like love

if I apply for a job
and it matters not who I am or am not
but only who I am friends with
then that boss is probably an asshole

on a day that may come when one judges the living and the dead, if it matters not what I did but that I picked the right judge then I don't want to be right

I know what to do with the time given to...me

say thank you to life for this breath
let my light shine from the hole in my chest
love is what we need and beauty brings us together
so I put words down – and I aim them at forever

creativity's electricity manifests in me lyrically – I love graffiti because it means someone else gave their beauty wings

1 comment: