Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Potential

(written last night at 11 with no electricity)

Football, weight training, socializing, teaching, lesson planning, ASU, writing, beatmaking, picking guitar back up - all of that seems like an impossible list.

But I want to do all of that, minus the first two, hands down. And talking to Kentucky tonight, and hearing about the first two, made it sound like a wonderful thing. Granted, I don't think he does much besides work out and play; dealing with ED kids, his life is basically crisis management, and avoiding getting stabbed (unsuccessfully - albeit with pencils and pens) all day, he doesn't really have to lesson plan. But fuck it, let's dream the impossible.

I just dealt with my last ASU classes for the semester, and went out with my cohort; life seems unimaginably free and wonderful right now. I can't imagine what it's like to teach and not simultaneously spend nights working on Master's, but it's gotta be so much better - tonight seems like a small inkling of that.

It's storming like a motherfucker in Phoenix right now, and has been for a good 14 hours - we just lost power in the apartment. It makes it kind of fun. Can't post this, have no light whatsoever in my apartment, just this glow - what a good eve. The perfectly smart decision would have been to go to bed as soon as I got back; the horrible decision would be to restring my guitar, or open up a music making program - I feel that in that case, I would be up for hours, creating.

I won't go nuts - can't download any more b-sides; I'll just sit and enjoy this beer and type up a song. I'm strangely happy and content at this moment - life seems so full of possibility and potential right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment