Thursday, December 31, 2009

Semester Down

I don't have time to write about this semester, and I've been sleeping so much over break I don't mind (too much) that I haven't reflected on it yet. A week with eight sexual assaults; brain tumors; arms broken on video; and wildly popular metaphor races. All that stuff. For now, I'll just share something I wrote one morning during homeroom and read to my kids -

I'm going to miss you guys
So don't make it goodbyes -
We've made it through a semester
And I think it's been a treasure
People've been mad and sad
and people've gotten in trouble
a whole lot of you have made fun of my stubble
there's been a lot of writing
and way too much fighting
luckily, with (I think) no biting
and sometimes, class seemed to stretch on for miles
but every single day you guys made me smile
so thanks for the times
and listening to my silly rhymes
I loved everything you wrote
your essays and your poems both
I think you've all been awesome
and I love the way that you've blossomed
I appreciate all the happy tears
and I can't wait for the rest of the year
....
I'm going to miss you guys!
so dont' make this a goodbye
have an awesome break
and for about two weeks I'll wait
to see you again
and I'm excited for that then

Hehe.
fuck it; I type fast - I'll put up something else before I get out of here for revelry

No comments:

Post a Comment