Wednesday, April 14, 2010

three small words

Josie and the Pussycats. That's pretty much it. My little sister had the movie and album years ago, I liked the song, and I always wondered what they were. This poem came out of that thought process - I went from that, to wondering what a short trip it was from "I love you" to "I hate you." And I had this mental image of a short "10 Things I Hate About You" type exchange:

"I love you!"
"I love you? I had you."

In my head, it could have meant fooled; it could have meant sexually; it could have been both in one conversation. Anyway, this poem was the experiment that came from that, and it's much shorter.


three little words
so much power
so much story
a quick trip
because some how
I love you
becomes
I hate you
I knew you
Three little words
I see you
I spotted you
I like you
I heard you
I asked you
three little words
what’s your name
I flirted you
I called you
I see you
three little words
I want you.
I crave you
I kiss you
I taste you
I ate you
I liked you
I rode you
I haad you!
A strange realization
I like you
I’m seeing you
We’re chilling now
We’re sorta together
Yeah, it’s official
Three small words
We’re dating now
We’re a couple
Table for two
and the lady?
three simple words
I believe you
I trust you
I’m with you
I am yours
I’m into you
I’m on you
I’m under you
I’m beside you
I’m for you
I match you
I hold you
I cuddle you
I snuggle you
Three wild words
I love you
I need you
Three short words
I love you
I need you
Three gaping lies
I was yours
You were mine
We were great
Three past truths
I loved you
I needed you
I trusted you
Three huge mistakes
I believed you
I held you
I loved you
I lost you
I ache you
I crave you
I miss you
I want you
I love you
Three simple facts
I’m not okay
I’m not healed
But it’s better
Than the memories
Thanks for those
and all this
Three short words
A simple lie
A dirty phrase
I loved you

No comments:

Post a Comment