Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Release (Anger)

In light of that, I think I'll share another rhyme I wrote. I think it might be part of a song, or a suite, or something, on the same topic of rhyming as release. This one's about getting out anger.

From my brain to my fingers flies my rage
Through my pen dripping venom and blood upon the page
That I might wrap it in words, and spit it on a stage
For times when I think fuck your firearms
I wanna throw open my arms
and light up the world with some napalm charms
Ready to unleash the Langoliers to eat the world entire
Kick you on the flames of my unholy ire
rake the coals of the world's funeral pyre
and piss on your ashes with what's left of my Fat Tire

It's what you see on my face when baby seals need to die
The reason people on the street fall back from the look in my eye
They see the truth
They see my father there
Know that I can rip break rend and tear
And fuck shit up like a rabid bear
See, I've been there before
Let the fire run it's course
And burned my world like Horus
Gave rein to the demon in my veins
Moved maimed and created scenes of my friends scared and disappointed
My family shorn and disjointed
And from the pain I've caused
I stepped back, checked a mirror
and realized I must fight not to be flawed
For there is a thing inside me
I must take care not to let free
But must ensure I eradicate
Take ahold and suffocate

So when I feel like my clenched hands
could spit bullets and my veins sarin gas
That feeling empathy requires crisping
even the bugs in the grass
That being a fireball seems
a satisfying solution
and the smiles on passing bystanders
warrant bloody contusions
Then I could turn it on my self
Push my body til I vomit
Ensure the blood spilt is my own
Pour out the sake and bomb it
Or I could harness the fire
Put on some music that screams
Yoke the devil and ride him
to achieve my dreams

But there's two things I found
One it bites back it consumes
Gives great strength only to park you in the tombs
And that piss and vinegar, bombast and will
don't solve it all in the end
Like a bridge at some point you gotta bend
To solve the problems you seek to fix
Gotta pick up the peace pipe
Put down the stones and sticks

So instead of giving in to the urge
to grab your throat and cause asphyxiation
I choose to rip out my heart like exsanguination
Flay my skin like Hiroshima exfoliation
And through this pen give throat to my imagination

It gets me through
Gives me a vent
a place to point
to where all the rage went
that I can steel my spine
take my life and make it mine
a release to cleanse my mind
release

No comments:

Post a Comment