Friday, November 20, 2009

Good Morning, Reasons Why I Drink

Hehe - heard that on Scrubs the night before last with Sky and it sounded so apropo.

So, Tuesday was the second day where the students took their district-wide benchmark testing, to see how they'd been doing for the past few months. The results are conclusive:
(1) Two separate bathrooms were lit on fire.
(2) A third bathroom was graffitied.
(3) Two eighth-grade girls in my homeroom drank tequila, in school, for a few hours until they got caught - by smell.

Other fun weekly happenings:
On Monday, one of my roommates had a kid chuck a rock at his head on the way back from recess.

On Wednesday, a 7th grader brought a boombox into class. While the kids were working on test review, he plugged it in, stuck it under his hoodie, and began blaring music. Hoodie or not, it wasn't hard to figure out who had it; I confiscated it. The next day they'd already picked the lock into class, or otherwise gained access, and retrieved said boombox.

Today, I spent $150 on a pizza party for the best students from each class. Way too much money. But I've enjoyed them on the last day before break, and it was a nice thing to do. They were really happy, even if they still get my name wrong.

I've come to realize taht something's gotta give. I can't keep covering $300 monthly car payments and $600 a month for rent and utilities. I've either got to get refinancing, or sell the Tiny Car.

Also, I think I will become a flight attendant. Travel, time to work on writing, people to meet, travel. And I can chuck the children off the plane when no one's looking.
But, seriously. A flight attendant? I'm blonde and perky. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment